HTC One M8s Review: Full Specifications & Price
In Europe, HTC unveiled the One M8s smartphone, which runs the Lollipop version of Android and offers several other features, such as a full-HD display.
HTC is announcing a new smartphone that sits somewhere between their mid-range smartphones and their flagship ones. This new phone is the One M8s, and even with a quick glance you will notice that it looks very similar to HTC’s previous flagship smartphones, the HTC One M8. As of now, the device will be available exclusively in parts of Europe in April and is priced at £379.99 (Rs 35,000 approximately). No information has been provided as to when it will be available in other countries.
The new device resembles the previous One M8 in terms of design, but there is only a 0.2mm difference in maximum thickness between both the phones. Apart from the design, the specifications for the new One M8s differs in a quite a few ways. HTC M8s is coming 5-inch Full HD displa. For protection, the display sports a Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The processor has been tweaked in this device compared to the One M8. The One M8s is powered by a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor, clocked in at 1.7 GHz. It is paired with 2GB RAM.
In terms of memory, the device has an internal storage of 16GB and can be further expanded via microSD card. Unlike the One M8, which featured a 4-ultra-pixel duo camera, HTC has opted for a 13MP rear camera in the new device. It offers a 5MP front-facing camera as seen previously on the One M8. The device runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop out-of-the-box along with the HTC Sense UI 6 on top. The device connectivity includes 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, USB 2.0, GPS/GNSS, NFC and 4G LTE. The device is powered with a 2,840mAh battery, a slight upgrade from the 2,600mAh battery seen previously on the HTC One M8. The device measure 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.55mm and weighs 160 grams.
HTC One M8s Specifications:
- Display 5-inch HD display with Resolution (720×1280 pixels) and Colour depth 16M
- NETWORK 4G/3G
- SIM Type Nano SIM, Single SIM and Dual- SIM Support with Dual-Mode(GSM+GSM)
- OS Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense 6UI skinned on
- RAM 2GB
- Processor 64-bit 1.7GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Memory 16GB Internal Memory 128GB External Memory Via MicroSD card
- Rear Camera 13-MP rear duo camera with LED flash, f/2.2 lens and BSI sensor
- Front Camera 5-MP for selfies and video call
- Connectivity Wi-Fi, FM radio, Bluetooth, GPRS/ EDGE, GPS/ A-GPS, 3G and 4G LTE
- Sensor Compass/ Magnetometer, Accelerometer, proximity, Ambient light sensor
- HTC BoomSound, HTC Blink Feed
- 28400 mAh Li-ion battery
- Stand by time N/A
- Talk Time N/A
- Dimension 146.9×70.9×8.19mm
- Weight 140gm
- Available Colours Glacial Silver, Gunmetal Gray, and Amber Gold colour