Motorola has fixed up a date of 5th September as the launch of its new “Motorola on display” device. We can assume.
Motorola has fixed up a date of 5th September as the launch of its new “Motorola on display” device. We can assume. This will be the Motorola RAZR HD, a smartphone with a display that’s got more pixels than your retinas could ever hope to handle.
This event will be held in collaboration with Verizon, so we must assume that the name DROID will also be in the mix. Expect a device, again likely called DROID RAZR HD, to be coming to the carrier before mid-month, 4G LTE in tow.
But now it appears this big secret may have been leaked ahead just a few days early with the Verizon-bound Droid RAZR M 4G LTE pics and spec. This device has been unceremoniously leaked to Engadget with hardware photos, specifications galore, and indications that this device will rival all other Motorola handsets to date. This device looks quite similar to the original DROID RAZR revealed several months ago and out on the market with Verizon right this minute.
- Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960.
- 1GB of RAM,
- 8MP rear camera & 3MP front image sensor.
- 8GB of internal storage, but an SD card slot will be on-board.
- 4G LTE, 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- NFC chip
- Screen is a 4.3-inch qHD (that’s 960×540, not HD) Super AMOLED Advanced display.
- Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich OS
- There are on-screen buttons at the bottom
- Kevlar casing, and Gorilla Glass protection
Since this is going to be a mid-range device Motorola plans to introduce, there is also the distinct possibility the company launches an HD version with a better battery as well.
This smartphone will follow in the footsteps of the rather light and thin DROID RAZR, here having a weight of 4.44 ounces and ending up being just a BIT thicker overall. Up front they’ve protected this device with the newest and hottest – Gorilla Glass 2.